The Republican Party enjoys large government when they are in charge and champion small government when not. The Republican Party systematically champions those who 'fight' large government when they are not the party "in charge." Do people here remember Ruby Ridge? Ashamedly, many conservatives made Randy Weaver a 'hero.' Remember him? This so-called 'hero' of Newt Gingrich and the Republican Party in the 1990's, used his wife as a shield as he shot and murdered an FBI agent in Idaho. The incident at Ruby Ridge became an instrument for the Republican Party to gut and hollow out the FBI.
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Oh, good: The EPA finally, retroactively lowers a 2013 biofuels requirement to reflect the fact that the required biofuels did not actually exist Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago