Bubba Clinton's sexual misconduct got Republican 'knickers in a twist' because they demonstrated symptoms of his liberal secular outlook which tie him to a longstanding conspiracy against God, individual responsibility, and national sovereignty. The traits 20th century fascism and 21st century Republicanism share are obsession with action for action's sake, the exaltation of instinct over intellect, and of tradition over progress; the insistence that the Republican Party represents the "true" national identity; and the violent rejection and desire to eliminate both foreign enemies and internal ones, the latter being those deemed toxic to the national body politic. Again, you Republicans think with their blood.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago