Bubba Clinton's sexual misconduct got Republican 'knickers in a twist' because they demonstrated symptoms of his liberal secular outlook which tie him to a longstanding conspiracy against God, individual responsibility, and national sovereignty. The traits 20th century fascism and 21st century Republicanism share are obsession with action for action's sake, the exaltation of instinct over intellect, and of tradition over progress; the insistence that the Republican Party represents the "true" national identity; and the violent rejection and desire to eliminate both foreign enemies and internal ones, the latter being those deemed toxic to the national body politic. Again, you Republicans think with their blood.
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 19 mins ago
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Putin: You’re next, Kazakhstan Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: Obama saying he has no strategy against ISIS is a tactic straight out of “The Art of War” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 3 hours ago