Your "over-population" argument is no better than the baseless article it criticizes. Mr. Bowyers article ignores history, your rebuttal defies social science. It is the countries that have harsh population control policies that always wind up with the short end of the straw. Population growth and replenishment is a GOOD thing. Uncontrolled illegal immigration is NOT.
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 3 hours ago