I believe, however—and I could be wrong—that the reason some rage against the machine is that they hate God and love their sin, and bringing up Jesus in...
And yet they still want their goodies. They want the parties, the special foods, the presents, the time off work, .... A REAL a-theist wouldn't care one way or another. He'd be polite and not worry about how others were amusing themselves. An honest anti-theist would insist that he wanted nothing to do with anything remotely Christmas-related. He'd refuse presents, refuse the Christmas bonus at work, refuse all invitations to parties, be the first to volunteer to work on Christmas Day if employed in one of the many jobs that still has to be manned on holidays, and even turn down the fudge, Christmas cookies, pie, and candy. That none ever do refuse the goodies support's Doug's claim that is all about the self-indulgence.
Why do some atheists embarrass themselves year after year trying to eradicate Christmas from American culture? Why do they make themselves societal hemorrhoids during this hallowed season? Is it because they are crusaders for equality, secularism’s saviors and humanism’s heroes? I’m sure that’s what they tell themselves when they’re pouting on their couches all alone on Christmas Eve after every single one of their friends has dumped them for being a rabid jackass.
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 29 mins ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago