There is no separation between "personhood" and humanity. All human beings are persons. We are human from the moment of conception and thus we are persons from first conception. To declare that some human beings are, somehow, not actually human is to declare that rights are not inherent to humanity but conditional based how human someone may or may not be. There is a long and bloody history to show us what happens when a society decides that some human beings aren't fully human.
Most of my columns are meant to expose the hypocrisy of self-described liberals who have taken over our institutions of higher learning. However, on some occasions, I attempt to address misguided thinking among self-described conservatives. An example is my recent column “Romney and the Rapist,” which was described by many readers as either “weird” or “convoluted” or both. Those descriptions are indeed accurate and reflect the intention behind the controversial essay. It was my intention to write a column that would identify absurd arguments as a means of drawing out the flawed reasoning of those who would support Romney’s proposed rape...
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago