And now Jay Wye brings up the "development" of a soul in his quest to define away the humanity of a human being in the early stages of development. The problem being that ensoulment is a religious concept which has no place in making the laws of a secular country. A newly-conceived human being is a human being with all the rights inherent to his/her humanity. This is proven not by religion but by the well-established science of embryology. Human sperm + human egg = human every time. No woman in the history of our species has ever given birth to a dog, a cat, a bird, or a fish instead of a human child.
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago