As the nation debates whether to institutionalize same-sex marriage, social scientists have been weighing in -- often with a heavy hand. As Mark Regnerus, author of a new study examining outcomes for children in a variety of home environments, notes social science regarding gay and lesbian parenting has swung from "presents challenges," to "no difference" to "superior" in the space of one decade. The American Psychological Association declared flatly in 2005 that, "Not a single study has found children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents." That prompted skepticism from...
No, its quite easy really. Good parents raise kids who become happy, emotionally stable, productive, law-abiding, self-controlled, morally upright citizens. Poor parents raise kids who are unhappy, emotionally fragile, aimless, self-centered, self-indulgent, criminal, unproductive parasites on society. Granted some individual people have such sterling character that they will succeed in life regardless of how terrible their parents are and that some individual people have such poor characters that they will fail in life despite all possible parenting advantages. But the vast majority of people people are formed for success or for failure by their parents' efforts.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago