New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez is no stranger to Townhall readers. We featured Martinez in the December 2011 issue of Townhall Magazine for her bold leadership in New Mexico and humble background. Before becoming governor, Martinez worked as a prosecutor on child abuse and child homicide cases. Growing up, her parents owned a small security business in Texas, where she worked as a teenager. She is the first woman to ever be elected Governor of New Mexico and the first female Hispanic to be elected Governor in U.S. history. She is a strong advocate for the Second Amendment, the...
I thought her speech was fabulous. And knowing her speech was airing during primetime coverage I flipped over from PBS to ABC and NBC and they're talking heads wouldn't shut up. They showed none of it. Heaven forbid they reveal the GOP has a strong latina in high leadership role.
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago