The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
A key action is to vote for fiscal conservatives in the primary. We have to overcome the statist voters in the Republican party.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 11 hours ago