People in government, especially politicians, see opportunity to increase their power, budget and fatten their wallets when some crisis is predicted, because it provides an excuse for them to control us, to supposedly protect us. Thus, they banned DDT to protect us in the sense that it affects bird fertility, and if the birds die, there goes our ecosystem. Way overblown of course, but those who want more government prefer it that way.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 12 hours ago