Not only will the EU disintegrate, the banks holding those IOUs from the country defaulting on them, depositors will find themselves suffering a loss, after they can't get their money out of the bank due to a government declared bank holiday. And IOUs from that bank will also affect the balance sheets of other banks, likely including the Fed. Either expect to see losses and bank failures, or expect to see governments printing money to bailout the banks, and increased inflation, perhaps over a single night.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 mins ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 55 mins ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago