Not only will the EU disintegrate, the banks holding those IOUs from the country defaulting on them, depositors will find themselves suffering a loss, after they can't get their money out of the bank due to a government declared bank holiday. And IOUs from that bank will also affect the balance sheets of other banks, likely including the Fed. Either expect to see losses and bank failures, or expect to see governments printing money to bailout the banks, and increased inflation, perhaps over a single night.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014