Not only will the EU disintegrate, the banks holding those IOUs from the country defaulting on them, depositors will find themselves suffering a loss, after they can't get their money out of the bank due to a government declared bank holiday. And IOUs from that bank will also affect the balance sheets of other banks, likely including the Fed. Either expect to see losses and bank failures, or expect to see governments printing money to bailout the banks, and increased inflation, perhaps over a single night.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago