Not only will the EU disintegrate, the banks holding those IOUs from the country defaulting on them, depositors will find themselves suffering a loss, after they can't get their money out of the bank due to a government declared bank holiday. And IOUs from that bank will also affect the balance sheets of other banks, likely including the Fed. Either expect to see losses and bank failures, or expect to see governments printing money to bailout the banks, and increased inflation, perhaps over a single night.
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 28 mins ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 15 hours ago