Recently on Roland Martin's "Washington Watch" we discussed what must be President Obama's exclusive agenda to empower black America is his second term. The only advice I could share with Roland's national audience was that American Blacks must cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit independent of any president in the White house. Why is it that no matter who occupies the White House the plight of minorities and especially American Black's continue to diminish overall. Why hasn't the billions of dollars invested in these communities not lifted their boats from poverty and despair. In fact the government nanny state has only worsened the...
In response to:
Actually, integration killed a lot of small black-owned businesses. In Little Rock, for example, the 9th Street area was filled with small successful black-owned businesses. With integration, people starting shopping elsewhere, and the decision to place a freeway through this area essentially destroyed the rest.
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 2 hour ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago