In February 2013, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that some 143,492,000 Americans were counted as having jobs, as the official unemployment rate for the U.S. dropped to 7.7%. The last time that many Americans were employed was November 2008.
Breaking the employment numbers down by age group, the number of employed Americans included 4,376,000 teens (Age 16-19), 13,527,000 young adults (Age 20-24) and 125,589,000 adults (Age 25+).
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 10 hours ago