For months, pundits and politicians have been saying that Americans have a math problem. They have a point, for Mr. Obama routinely champions the idea that running annual deficits in excess of $1 trillion dollars can be continued, simply by requiring Americans to pay $200 billion in taxes more each year. Anyone with a 3rd grade grasp of math has long ago come to the conclusion that even if Mr. Obama gets his way, huge annual deficits will remain, and the nation cannot sustain the current level of profligate spending indefinitely. Somehow, contrary to all known mathematics principles, and contrary to...
Not only do Dems fight proposed cuts by pointing out the few programs that actually help a few of their recipients, but ignore the huge boatloads of cash that get flushed down the dumper. For example, when addressing SS, they wail about starving grannie if benefits are cut, but conveniently ignore the billions that are paid to bogus disability claims. Also, if you listen to the Dems, you'd think that the only people the gubmint employed were cops, firefighters, and teachers. No mention is made of SEC lawyers who collected $75K paychecks to watch porn all day, or the billions blown on lavish spa retreats for GSA employees and other gubmint abuses.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago