For months, pundits and politicians have been saying that Americans have a math problem. They have a point, for Mr. Obama routinely champions the idea that running annual deficits in excess of $1 trillion dollars can be continued, simply by requiring Americans to pay $200 billion in taxes more each year. Anyone with a 3rd grade grasp of math has long ago come to the conclusion that even if Mr. Obama gets his way, huge annual deficits will remain, and the nation cannot sustain the current level of profligate spending indefinitely. Somehow, contrary to all known mathematics principles, and contrary to...
Not only do Dems fight proposed cuts by pointing out the few programs that actually help a few of their recipients, but ignore the huge boatloads of cash that get flushed down the dumper. For example, when addressing SS, they wail about starving grannie if benefits are cut, but conveniently ignore the billions that are paid to bogus disability claims. Also, if you listen to the Dems, you'd think that the only people the gubmint employed were cops, firefighters, and teachers. No mention is made of SEC lawyers who collected $75K paychecks to watch porn all day, or the billions blown on lavish spa retreats for GSA employees and other gubmint abuses.
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Study: Nightly network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 3 hours ago