Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 42 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago