I think Ann is right about this. News stories about these kinds of things frequently don't mention the perpetrator's legal or illegal status. I have been wondering about the legal status of that man the police shot in Pasco, Washington a few days ago. No news stories say anything but that he was from Mexico, has been an orchard worker and in the US for 10 years and didn't speak English. Why don't they mention whether he was here legally or not? His mother still resides in Mexico. By the way, I am not commenting on the shooting itself ... just wondering if he was an illegal or legal immigrant.

The President and 'Violent Extremism'

Mokki Wrote: Feb 25, 2015 8:38 PM
I appreciate WJF's post, and i don't consider him or her a "troll." It is important to be reminded of the false things that Obama has said. There are a lot of them, and it's easy to forget how many and what they were.

The President and 'Violent Extremism'

Mokki Wrote: Feb 25, 2015 8:34 PM
That said, why does it seem as if Obama isn't committed to destroying ISIS? Why is he so reluctant to acknowledge the religion of its victims when those victims are Christians? I have heard him mention the Yazidis by name, and point out that the majority of Islamic State victims are Muslims ... but he just doesn't seem to want to acknowledge that any of them are Christians. I would like to point out, too, that there aren't very many Christians in certain parts of the Middle East, the parts being taken over by ISIS — so of course the majority of its victims are Muslims. And I'd also like to point out that there are far fewer Christians in Syria and Iraq and other Middle Eastern nations than there were even just 10 years ago. They've been fleeing so they won't be murdered for awhile now.

The President and 'Violent Extremism'

Mokki Wrote: Feb 25, 2015 8:30 PM
Reading some of the comments, it is fascinating to me that several commenters seem to have so much contempt for Prager. I like him. He's a great writer. His facts are accurate. He seems to have his head on straight and understand things. Nothing he said above was hateful or untrue. He expressed his views well. So why do so many commenters dislike him so much? Curious. It is true that the U.S. is actually attacking Islamic State from the air, and this is happening under Obama's watch, but that fact doesn't negate the things Prager has said in this article. It is also evident that, despite U.S. and coalition airstrikes, the evil Islamic State seems to be growing and spreading. Airstrikes alone probably aren't sufficient to destroy the Islamic State ... and it needs to be destroyed, not merely contained.

The President and 'Violent Extremism'

Mokki Wrote: Feb 25, 2015 8:22 PM
He said it when he spoke at the U.N. I think a couple of years ago, but no, I cannot provide a link.

Decreasing the Surplus Population

Mokki Wrote: Feb 25, 2015 7:14 PM
Very well said, and your other comments, too.

Decreasing the Surplus Population

Mokki Wrote: Feb 25, 2015 7:12 PM
Exactly the kind of viewpoint that will at first lead to pressure and a "duty" to die, and then lead to someone else deciding that you should die.

Decreasing the Surplus Population

Mokki Wrote: Feb 25, 2015 7:11 PM
Excellent comment.

Decreasing the Surplus Population

Mokki Wrote: Feb 25, 2015 7:11 PM
You are right, lancer.

Decreasing the Surplus Population

Mokki Wrote: Feb 25, 2015 7:10 PM
I disagree. When this becomes an option, with the health care overhaul that Obama and the Democrats have foisted upon us it will very quickly become a duty to die to cut costs for insurance providers and surviving families and to ensure an adequate supply of medical resources for others who are less ill. "Death panels," whether they call them that or not, will become a reality.