Yes, excellent point.
The IRS did not really target liberal groups. This IRS conservative targeting scandal has NOT been debunked. That's why Issa is still investigating it. And this column makes it clear that Issa ought to still be investigating it, because, the DOJ, which is supposedly investigating the targeting scandal, is actually trying to help the IRS put a "nothing to see here, move on" spin on it.

Journalists in Screech Advocacy Mode

Mokki Wrote: Sep 10, 2014 5:28 PM
Or vice versa.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

Mokki Wrote: Sep 08, 2014 3:17 PM
The video wasn't released until several days later because Eric Holder and the Justice Department didn't want the police to release it. I wonder why.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

Mokki Wrote: Sep 08, 2014 3:15 PM
Not that I recall, and I have worked in the news media for decades.

When Child Sex Abuse Isn't News

Mokki Wrote: Sep 06, 2014 2:24 AM
You're absolutely correct.

When Child Sex Abuse Isn't News

Mokki Wrote: Sep 06, 2014 2:23 AM
That I have seen, very rarely are the charges dropped, even more rarely are they tried and acquitted. Usually the school places the suspected teacher on leave, then at some point they plead guilty to something and the story pretty much goes away.

When Child Sex Abuse Isn't News

Mokki Wrote: Sep 06, 2014 2:21 AM
It does seem to be amazingly common. I see stories about this all of the time, but they are usually taking place somewhere else, and don't get published by your local newspaper, unless it's happened either locally or in a nearby community. I would bet that i see at least one story about a teacher molesting a student at least every other week.

Things I Don't Understand

Mokki Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 12:24 PM
There is very little accurately reported in the news media about homosexuality, because it is not politically correct to frown on homosexuality, and that makes it too hot a topic. There is actually no scientific evidence that homosexuals are born that way and can't help it. It is a behavior, a way certain people see themselves and probably some kind of sexual addiction ... but it is not genetic. It isn't the same thing as being born a certain race.

Things I Don't Understand