According to the Congressional Budget Office, Congress will spend $3.8 trillion this year, about 24 percent of our $15 trillion gross domestic product. But federal tax revenue will be much less, only $2.5 trillion,...
Normally Dr. Williams' articles are much clearer than this (except for his strange facination with smoking regulations). Maybe a bad week?
The Washington, D.C.-based Tax Foundation does a yeoman's job of keeping track of how much we're paying in taxes and who's paying what. It turns out that American taxpayers worked this year from Jan. 1 to April 17, 107 days, to earn enough money to pay their federal, state and local tax bills. That statistic requires some clarification, and I ask my readers to help me examine it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago