The trial of the alleged masterminds of 9/11, which began last week at the U.S. Naval Base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, will address some of the most profound issues of our era. Are natural rights truly inalienable, as Thomas Jefferson wrote in the Declaration of Independence, or can the government take them away from those it hates or fears? Does the Constitution protect the rights of all persons who come in contact with the government, or does it protect only certain Americans, as the government argues? Can the government deny a person due process by changing the rules retroactively, or...
and if this were true, where is the pipeline or the oil? Why is the mideast still in turmoil? Where is all the oil that the blood was traded for? Idiot.
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Brown ramping up Senate run in New Hampshire: AP Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Reuters: Radar data suggests that the missing Malaysian jet was flown far off course deliberately Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama: Yeah, a lot of you won’t be able to keep your doctor after all Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago