A virtuosic and tenacious performance from South Carolina's senior Senator, who happens to be a former military prosecutor. Watch below as he holds Secretary Panetta and General Dempsey's feet to the fire on Benghazi, eliciting several eye-opening admissions: (1) The president only discussed the attack once before its conclusion and never asked for a single status update throughout the seven-hour siege. (2) Aside from the small Tripoli support team, no US assets were deployed during the hours-long attack. (3) Gen. Dempsey was "surprised" that Secretary Clinton was unaware of Amb. Stevens' urgent cable warning about the deteriorating security situation...
In response to:
"SEC. PANETTA: The event was over before we could move any assets." The "event" lasted 8 hours; U.S. military base in Sigonella, Sicily is 1 hour away for an F-18, two hours away for Specter gunships used by Special Forces, three hours away for a Special Forces transport. All three were at the time present at Sigonella. Liar, liar, Panetta!
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 3 hours ago