A lot of cultural commentators are confused these days. They believe that people’s views on same sex marriage are solely a reflection of their religious beliefs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Actually, some things could be further from the truth – like saying that Al Sharpton has integrity or that Dan Savage has class. But you get the point. The same sex marriage debate is about politics. To call it a religious debate is to miss the point entirely. Your stance on same sex marriage should vary depending on whether you consider yourself to be a conservative, a liberal,...
Excellent post. You can find the same kind of behavior on the Huffington Post threads. Too many people are willing to post things that they would (or should) be ashamed to say. It is reflective of the sad state of civil discourse in this country on both sides. Is it really so hard to disagree with someone politely?
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 20 mins ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 59 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 11 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 12 hours ago