A lot of cultural commentators are confused these days. They believe that people’s views on same sex marriage are solely a reflection of their religious beliefs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Actually, some things could be further from the truth – like saying that Al Sharpton has integrity or that Dan Savage has class. But you get the point. The same sex marriage debate is about politics. To call it a religious debate is to miss the point entirely. Your stance on same sex marriage should vary depending on whether you consider yourself to be a conservative, a liberal,...
Excellent post. You can find the same kind of behavior on the Huffington Post threads. Too many people are willing to post things that they would (or should) be ashamed to say. It is reflective of the sad state of civil discourse in this country on both sides. Is it really so hard to disagree with someone politely?
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 3 hours ago