A lot of cultural commentators are confused these days. They believe that people’s views on same sex marriage are solely a reflection of their religious beliefs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Actually, some things could be further from the truth – like saying that Al Sharpton has integrity or that Dan Savage has class. But you get the point. The same sex marriage debate is about politics. To call it a religious debate is to miss the point entirely. Your stance on same sex marriage should vary depending on whether you consider yourself to be a conservative, a liberal,...
Excellent post. You can find the same kind of behavior on the Huffington Post threads. Too many people are willing to post things that they would (or should) be ashamed to say. It is reflective of the sad state of civil discourse in this country on both sides. Is it really so hard to disagree with someone politely?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago