A lot of cultural commentators are confused these days. They believe that people’s views on same sex marriage are solely a reflection of their religious beliefs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Actually, some things could be further from the truth – like saying that Al Sharpton has integrity or that Dan Savage has class. But you get the point. The same sex marriage debate is about politics. To call it a religious debate is to miss the point entirely. Your stance on same sex marriage should vary depending on whether you consider yourself to be a conservative, a liberal,...
Excellent post. You can find the same kind of behavior on the Huffington Post threads. Too many people are willing to post things that they would (or should) be ashamed to say. It is reflective of the sad state of civil discourse in this country on both sides. Is it really so hard to disagree with someone politely?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 7 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago