A lot of cultural commentators are confused these days. They believe that people’s views on same sex marriage are solely a reflection of their religious beliefs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Actually, some things could be further from the truth – like saying that Al Sharpton has integrity or that Dan Savage has class. But you get the point. The same sex marriage debate is about politics. To call it a religious debate is to miss the point entirely. Your stance on same sex marriage should vary depending on whether you consider yourself to be a conservative, a liberal,...
Excellent post. You can find the same kind of behavior on the Huffington Post threads. Too many people are willing to post things that they would (or should) be ashamed to say. It is reflective of the sad state of civil discourse in this country on both sides. Is it really so hard to disagree with someone politely?
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 43 minutes ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 4 hours ago