Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
What a crock! Do you work for the government? This is typical of the last 70+ years of mis-information that has been shoved down the public's throats by our so-called leaders. I will just take two of your "statistics.--#1 - ". 33% of fatally injured drivers who were tested for drug use had drugs in their system" - lumping all drugs together to inflate the figures when you are supposedly talking only about marijuana. #2 " 376,000 emergency room visits nationwide involved marijuana. "-- Almost all of these were due to FAKE marijuana that is sold almost everywhere, which IS poison. This kind of an article has not shown up in quite some time. We thought we were done with this kind of journalism.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago