Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
What a crock! Do you work for the government? This is typical of the last 70+ years of mis-information that has been shoved down the public's throats by our so-called leaders. I will just take two of your "statistics.--#1 - ". 33% of fatally injured drivers who were tested for drug use had drugs in their system" - lumping all drugs together to inflate the figures when you are supposedly talking only about marijuana. #2 " 376,000 emergency room visits nationwide involved marijuana. "-- Almost all of these were due to FAKE marijuana that is sold almost everywhere, which IS poison. This kind of an article has not shown up in quite some time. We thought we were done with this kind of journalism.
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago