Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
Also those statistics don't prove anything. Last time I checked, if someone armed is trying to rob you or attack you with a gun being involved in the assailants hands, and then the victim pulls a gun, oh wait, the criminal will shoot. It's futile to use a statistic like that because it's just trying to create this illusion that guns are dangerous for defense, the truth is a gun against a gun is a safer bet for me than him with a gun and me without, might I get away without being shot. Yes, but he could still kill me either way, so I'd rather be able to shoot back.
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: DNC 2016 convention bid invites go to Las Vegas, and … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: I think Republicans may have over-emphasized voter fraud Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago