Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
Also those statistics don't prove anything. Last time I checked, if someone armed is trying to rob you or attack you with a gun being involved in the assailants hands, and then the victim pulls a gun, oh wait, the criminal will shoot. It's futile to use a statistic like that because it's just trying to create this illusion that guns are dangerous for defense, the truth is a gun against a gun is a safer bet for me than him with a gun and me without, might I get away without being shot. Yes, but he could still kill me either way, so I'd rather be able to shoot back.
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 34 minutes ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 4 hours ago