Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
Sadly this is a prime example of gun control failing, the laws we put in place greatly increase the likelihood of a violent crime in respect to the "Gun Free Zone." If this case alone doesn't show you that no matter what the training, experiences, etc, people can and will still become victims. Criminals target "soft targets" which are people who feel safe, and know they aren't armed. It's our right to defend ourselves, and the governments shouldn't put limits on it. Cops aren't the answer, because even if we had one on every street corner, they still can't deal with everything going on. What is the answer is to stop disarming law-abiding citizens and focus on the criminals with gun.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago