Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
Sadly this is a prime example of gun control failing, the laws we put in place greatly increase the likelihood of a violent crime in respect to the "Gun Free Zone." If this case alone doesn't show you that no matter what the training, experiences, etc, people can and will still become victims. Criminals target "soft targets" which are people who feel safe, and know they aren't armed. It's our right to defend ourselves, and the governments shouldn't put limits on it. Cops aren't the answer, because even if we had one on every street corner, they still can't deal with everything going on. What is the answer is to stop disarming law-abiding citizens and focus on the criminals with gun.
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 44 mins ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 12 hours ago