Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
You have no common sense in my honest opinion. I've served in the Military Police for 8 years and in corrections on the civilian state level. I know for a fact criminals like to target "easy prey" which most consider schools and family entertainment establishments. The fact is laws will never protect us from criminals. Also mace is a horrible example, mace doesn't affect 90% of criminals, it's just pepper spray, and a lot of cases are out there where people trying to use it spray themselves by accident, so try OC, which is expensive and the same problem of lots of people aren't extremely affected by it, and you don't have to see to attack someone you already have ahold of. So what now?
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 6 minutes ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 46 minutes ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 3 hours ago