Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
You have no common sense in my honest opinion. I've served in the Military Police for 8 years and in corrections on the civilian state level. I know for a fact criminals like to target "easy prey" which most consider schools and family entertainment establishments. The fact is laws will never protect us from criminals. Also mace is a horrible example, mace doesn't affect 90% of criminals, it's just pepper spray, and a lot of cases are out there where people trying to use it spray themselves by accident, so try OC, which is expensive and the same problem of lots of people aren't extremely affected by it, and you don't have to see to attack someone you already have ahold of. So what now?
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama overrules Senate, declares CIA’s Bush-era tactics ‘torture’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Another liberal attempt to force you to share in their humorless misery fails Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- IG finds dozens of federal workers watched TV and did laundry on the clock — and got bonuses Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago