Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
You have no common sense in my honest opinion. I've served in the Military Police for 8 years and in corrections on the civilian state level. I know for a fact criminals like to target "easy prey" which most consider schools and family entertainment establishments. The fact is laws will never protect us from criminals. Also mace is a horrible example, mace doesn't affect 90% of criminals, it's just pepper spray, and a lot of cases are out there where people trying to use it spray themselves by accident, so try OC, which is expensive and the same problem of lots of people aren't extremely affected by it, and you don't have to see to attack someone you already have ahold of. So what now?
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 48 minutes ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago