Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
You have no common sense in my honest opinion. I've served in the Military Police for 8 years and in corrections on the civilian state level. I know for a fact criminals like to target "easy prey" which most consider schools and family entertainment establishments. The fact is laws will never protect us from criminals. Also mace is a horrible example, mace doesn't affect 90% of criminals, it's just pepper spray, and a lot of cases are out there where people trying to use it spray themselves by accident, so try OC, which is expensive and the same problem of lots of people aren't extremely affected by it, and you don't have to see to attack someone you already have ahold of. So what now?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago