The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
On top of all that, crowds disperse for cover when someone starts shooting. Mass shooters seldom go to ground or seek cover because they need to move around to pursue victims. They also obviously don't want anyone within arms-reach of them because they will be tackled and disarmed. So, no, they generally aren't in positions to create cross-fire problems if cops, security, or armed citizens attempt to bring them down after they start shooting. Never mind the fact that most self-defense weapons and ammunition are chosen for stopping power, where a bullet lodged into the target and transfers all it's momentum into the assailant rather than rips right through them. It looks like all Ms. Marsden learned about guns she learned from Hollywood.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 36 mins ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago