The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
Sorry, but this was a painful read filled with failures of logic and uniformed opinion. The track-record shows that insane killers that perform mass shooting incidents almost always per-meditate and consciously choose their venues. The CO theater shooter, for example, skipped overqualified 5 more convenient theaters to get to one with a no weapons policy posted. He wore body armor. He was deliberately acting to lower his chances of being threatened by armed resistance. Then there's the idea that violent crimes are stopped only by shooting the assailant. Statistically, most criminal incidents stopped by a firearm end when the crimal has a gun pointed at him. He surrenders or flees. He doesn't get into a shoot out.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago