USPS: Where The Customer Is Always Last

MLNJ Wrote: Sep 22, 2014 8:43 AM
If it were a business the Post Office would be out of business; and it nearly is anyway. Mine closes down at 4:30 PM. G-d forbid I have to pick up some registered mail. I guess evening hours are just too much of an inconvenience for overworked Post Office employees. They can't even leave the box are open beyond 6:PM, or even deign to have it open any time on Sunday. But the neatest touch of all is the sign at the box mail window. (where you go to pick up things to large to fit in the box) It says, "Ring Bell for Attendant." The guy my Post Office has often assigned to this job is deaf.

The Most Important American You May Not Know

MLNJ Wrote: Sep 21, 2014 10:41 AM
I also have Caro's Moses biography ("The Power Broker") on my shelf for years now. I picked it up because I was so impressed by Caro's biography of LBJ (or at least the first volume of it. ("Path to Power"). But I still haven't cracked the Moses biography and I'm less likely to do so now that I have read Roger Stone's "The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The Case Against LBJ." Stone points out numerous things that Caro omitted (forgot?!) in his LBJ bio which now make it seem much less monumental, IMHO anyway.
Not good fro the British Open.

Obama's Unnecessary, Unpromising War

MLNJ Wrote: Sep 14, 2014 8:48 PM
Not many converts from Islam to Christianity think the "Call to prayer," is one of the prettiest sounds they've ever heard.
Most of the people on the list aren't even conservatives! Drudge? Who cares? Jim Robinson has much more impact on conservatives surfing for news. And Rush is so out in front that he makes Secretariat's Belmont win look like a photo finish. Sarah may be right about everything, but almost no one listens to her which sort of restricts how much influence she might have.

Can Obama Win the Fight Against ISIS?

MLNJ Wrote: Sep 05, 2014 7:37 PM
Anyone who thinks Obama is fighting against ISIS (or ISIL) is just plain naive.

Golf Is Not the Answer

MLNJ Wrote: Aug 28, 2014 7:47 PM
So where did the golfing come from? How many rounds did he ever play before he moved to DC, or even before he moved into the White House? Maybe Ayers missed it but I do not recall a single reference to golf in the Great Autobiography.

So Now We're in Iraq Again ... What?

MLNJ Wrote: Aug 12, 2014 7:39 PM
I missed the Congressional vote on this. How did it go?

Children-Pawns on the Progressive Chessboard

MLNJ Wrote: Aug 10, 2014 1:25 PM
Let's not forget the emphasis on "children" by the demonizers of Israel.

Will Obamacare Cost You Your Job?

MLNJ Wrote: Jul 26, 2014 8:20 AM
"Economists are increasingly focusing on ... ObamaCare." Maybe that was its real purpose? I.e. to throw sand in the gears of our economy. Maybe the real purpose of importing Central American waifs is to dilute our formerly Eurocentric culture. Maybe our President isn't really an American.