Coburn details a $27 million U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) program for pottery classes in Morocco. The program, which has a questionable premise in the first place, was doomed due to incompetence and mismanagement....
In response to:
They found 2,000 dead people are still receiving food stamps in New York and Massachusetts. The really sad part is that these 2,000 people are still voting for Obama.
Senator Tom Coburn released the Wastebook 2012 today detailing the 100 most egregious wastes of taxpayer money. The two hundred page report details waste in all manner of federal spending - from multi-billion dollar programs all the way down to a $300 grant to a small-town library for a Star Wars-themed event. It's emblematic of the waste found everywhere in the federal budget.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 4 hours ago