Coburn details a $27 million U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) program for pottery classes in Morocco. The program, which has a questionable premise in the first place, was doomed due to incompetence and mismanagement....
In response to:
They found 2,000 dead people are still receiving food stamps in New York and Massachusetts. The really sad part is that these 2,000 people are still voting for Obama.
Senator Tom Coburn released the Wastebook 2012 today detailing the 100 most egregious wastes of taxpayer money. The two hundred page report details waste in all manner of federal spending - from multi-billion dollar programs all the way down to a $300 grant to a small-town library for a Star Wars-themed event. It's emblematic of the waste found everywhere in the federal budget.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago