In response to:
Hollywood regularly has this bizarre idea that the military want to start wars. Can I point out something that I think would be pretty obvious with a simple rhetorical question: Who gets maimed and killed in wars? (a) members of Congress (b) Hollywood producers (c) liberal bloggers (d) soldiers on the front line. Even if we're just talking about the generals: When there's a war, bad generals tend to be publicly humiliated for their failures and fired. But when the country is at peace, they have a pretty cushy job. No one much notices or cares what they do, so they sit back and collect substantial salaries and live in government-subsidized housing and do nothing much but march in parades and decide which aide should write up today's duty roster. The last person to want to go to war is someone in the military.
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago