In response to:
A "contract" is a voluntary agreement between two parties. The "social contract" is, by definition, not a contract because I did not agree to its terms voluntarily. I pay my taxes because if I didn't pay them, men with guns would come and force me to pay, or carry me off to jail. You can make a case why some government functions and the taxes to pay for them are good things. I'd certainly agree to paying for military and police protection. But that doesn't make it a "contract". Your insistence on using dishonest language undermines the seriousness with which we can take your argument.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014