In response to:
As a social conservative and a Fundamentalist Christian, I am opposed to inheritance tax in principle. The whole idea of inheritance tax is that someone who saves his money during his lifetime so he can leave it to his children should have to pay higher taxes than someone who spends all his money on drunken binges, gambling, and strippers. The government is punishing citizens who provide for their children and rewarding those who squander wealth. That said, I just laugh at this case. It's a victory by the sexually immoral over the greedy, Deadly Sin #5 over Deadly Sin #2. I'm slightly disposed toward the gay couple on the reasoning that the government would surely use the money to do all sorts of harm, while the gay couple are going to ... practice their lifestyle ... regardless.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014