Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Conscript, " I dare anyone to find 5 well reviewed and non-partisan studies that show that abstinence only education works." Two things, I dare anyone to show me the opposite is true. Is teaching our kids how to use a condom on a banana, and giving them directions to the free clinic for BC pills.How is that helping our moral culture (which was The doctor's point). Second, why is there sex education in school at all. Why are we teaching values, tolerance,multiculturism, blah blah blah. That stuff is taught in the home, and should be adhered to by student behavior in school. I want my kids to learn Math, science, reading/writing, and a lot of American history/constitution. Most importantly critical thinking skills, and logic!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 10 hours ago