Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Conscript, " I dare anyone to find 5 well reviewed and non-partisan studies that show that abstinence only education works." Two things, I dare anyone to show me the opposite is true. Is teaching our kids how to use a condom on a banana, and giving them directions to the free clinic for BC pills.How is that helping our moral culture (which was The doctor's point). Second, why is there sex education in school at all. Why are we teaching values, tolerance,multiculturism, blah blah blah. That stuff is taught in the home, and should be adhered to by student behavior in school. I want my kids to learn Math, science, reading/writing, and a lot of American history/constitution. Most importantly critical thinking skills, and logic!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 22 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014