Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Conscript, " I dare anyone to find 5 well reviewed and non-partisan studies that show that abstinence only education works." Two things, I dare anyone to show me the opposite is true. Is teaching our kids how to use a condom on a banana, and giving them directions to the free clinic for BC pills.How is that helping our moral culture (which was The doctor's point). Second, why is there sex education in school at all. Why are we teaching values, tolerance,multiculturism, blah blah blah. That stuff is taught in the home, and should be adhered to by student behavior in school. I want my kids to learn Math, science, reading/writing, and a lot of American history/constitution. Most importantly critical thinking skills, and logic!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 11 hours ago