Several years ago I was on a flight to London seated next to a meterologist who was doing hid doctoral research in Scotland. He had a grant to study CO2 emissions around manufacturing plants. I asked him if, since plants breathe CO2, if it is such a problem, why don't we just plant more trees, grass etc. His research was supposed to determine HOW MANY trees one would need to plant to take up the CO2 from the manufacturing facility. I said, "No disrespect, but the sounds pretty stupid." But then, a lot of doctoral dissertations are pretty stupid.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Hot Air’s top 50 posts in 2014: 41-50 Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Politico: Why won’t Republicans talk about race as much as Democrats? Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- CFR chief: Next, let’s do regime change in North Korea Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Max Blumenthal: ‘America Sniper’ Chris Kyle was just a popular mass murderer Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Federal judge upholds Obama’s executive amnesty over challenge from Joe Arpaio Allahpundit 17 hours ago