Meanwhile, the Romney tortoise, head down on the campaign trail, keeps lumbering along toward the November finish. There is nothing fancy day in and day out -- only the steady plod of a good enough convention, workmanlike speeches that pass muster, a Midwestern vice president nominee who is informed and reliable, and...
If things are really bad in October, look for the Obama DOJ and US Treasury (IRS) to decide they need to review Romney's income tax returns for possible tax fraud. The next step will be to leak information that an indictment is imminent. That will all go away after the election if Romney has not stepped down by then. This would be at the hands of the Obama for America campaign based in Chicago. See Jack Ryan. Otherwise, Obama will decide to attack Iran for the October surprise. He would likely get in less trouble than if he got Holder to do his work. See article on DOJ going after Gallup.
The 2012 race has turned into one of Aesop's classic fables. After each new media blitz against the no-frills Mitt Romney, a far cooler President Obama races ahead three or four points in the polls -- only to fall back to about even as the attention fades.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago