It's time for conservatives to give serious thought to what they believe and how they can make a more persuasive case that conservative principles offer...
At the root, we should all remember that there is NO OBJECTIVE MEANING TO THE WORD "FAIR". I've given many seminars on this subject and always I note that "MUTUALLY ACCEPTABLE" is the proper principle. Because "fair" has only subjective meaning, it can and is used to disarm an opponent ... manipulation by guilt ... the unsuspecting shies away from being labeled "unfair". The use of the word "fair" is basically dishonest.
The last year has been a tough one for conservatives. The hope that four years of failed policy would be enough to repudiate the liberal/progressive ideology of the Obama administration ended when the majority of the American public voted to maintain their entitlements -- so long as someone else paid for them. And the conservative response to the debacle has been for the various factions within the movement to declare war on each other.
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 3 hours ago