It's time for conservatives to give serious thought to what they believe and how they can make a more persuasive case that conservative principles offer...
At the root, we should all remember that there is NO OBJECTIVE MEANING TO THE WORD "FAIR". I've given many seminars on this subject and always I note that "MUTUALLY ACCEPTABLE" is the proper principle. Because "fair" has only subjective meaning, it can and is used to disarm an opponent ... manipulation by guilt ... the unsuspecting shies away from being labeled "unfair". The use of the word "fair" is basically dishonest.
The last year has been a tough one for conservatives. The hope that four years of failed policy would be enough to repudiate the liberal/progressive ideology of the Obama administration ended when the majority of the American public voted to maintain their entitlements -- so long as someone else paid for them. And the conservative response to the debacle has been for the various factions within the movement to declare war on each other.
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago