It's time for conservatives to give serious thought to what they believe and how they can make a more persuasive case that conservative principles offer...
At the root, we should all remember that there is NO OBJECTIVE MEANING TO THE WORD "FAIR". I've given many seminars on this subject and always I note that "MUTUALLY ACCEPTABLE" is the proper principle. Because "fair" has only subjective meaning, it can and is used to disarm an opponent ... manipulation by guilt ... the unsuspecting shies away from being labeled "unfair". The use of the word "fair" is basically dishonest.
The last year has been a tough one for conservatives. The hope that four years of failed policy would be enough to repudiate the liberal/progressive ideology of the Obama administration ended when the majority of the American public voted to maintain their entitlements -- so long as someone else paid for them. And the conservative response to the debacle has been for the various factions within the movement to declare war on each other.
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago