But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
The word "fair" in any context has NO OBJECTIVE MEANING. "Mutually acceptable" is the proper way to structure transactions. The usage of the word "fair" is meant to disarm an opponent ... manipulation by guilt (the unsuspecting will typically shy away from being accused of unfairness). Incidentally, "political correctness" is also manipulation by guilt ... exactly the same reasoning. We on the right must NEVER fall into the "fairness" trap. And we should call the Left any time they pull that cr@p.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 19 mins ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 59 mins ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago