One of the major issues that various insurgent elements in the GOP has pushed for is immigration reform. President George W. Bush and 2008 GOP nominee John McCain made a major push for an immigration...
"Increased high-skilled immigration is almost universally supported by economists as a net gain for the American economy and all Americans." The same economists who still push the outdated comparative advantage argument? The same economjsts who cannot explain why there is an H1B for IT grads when the number of American grads from our colleges exceeded the number of openings.? The same economists who signed on for NAFTA, CAFTA?? The same economists who watched as our manufacturing industry was moved overseas with millions of jobs?? The same economists who seem to believe that anyone can be trained for any jobs?Same economists who for the past 40 years have argued that being able to buy products for cheap have protected our American jobs??
There has been no shortage of post-mortems after Barack Obama's sweeping victory in November's elections, but the dominant story line is that the Republican Party should focus more on how its message can empower minority groups and tailor their rhetoric toward how a GOP platform helps everyone, not just majority groups. A good example would be Mara Liasson's NPR story on the subject.
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 31 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 12 hours ago