Liberalism offers up a utopian vision of the world and then invites its practitioners to feel good about themselves for embracing it. Not only does this beautiful fantasy world never come to pass, liberalism fails to address the root causes of the problems it sets out to solve while creating whole new disasters in the process. In other words, it's a never ending circle. There's a problem, liberalism is offered up as the solution, it doesn't work and creates more problems, for which liberalism is offered up as the solution, etc., etc., etc. until you're starving, bankrupt, or your society...
Henry The dictate on farm prices and government control of which crops were grown led to a food shortage that never happened before. The New Deal did not work. I do not believe there was anything but good intentions in the effort, but when people swathe themselves in a mantle of moral superiority they often assume a dictatorial policy. Bloomberg in NY is now doing the same things. Telling someone what they should and can eat is nothing but dictatorship. xjnyc scoffs at followers of evangelicals above but she does the same thing herself for social justice people.
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago