Let me say first I am against slavery but the south seceding from the union was legal. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say once states enter the union they can never leave. How was the south wanting it's independence any different from the USA declaring independence from Great Britain? What Sherman and other northern generals did to the south and Indians would be considered war crimes today.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 4 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago