Let me say first I am against slavery but the south seceding from the union was legal. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say once states enter the union they can never leave. How was the south wanting it's independence any different from the USA declaring independence from Great Britain? What Sherman and other northern generals did to the south and Indians would be considered war crimes today.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago