Let me say first I am against slavery but the south seceding from the union was legal. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say once states enter the union they can never leave. How was the south wanting it's independence any different from the USA declaring independence from Great Britain? What Sherman and other northern generals did to the south and Indians would be considered war crimes today.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 4 hours ago