In your last paragraph you said "murder of a police officer" as one of several instances calling for the death penalty. Why is their life anymore valuable than yours or mine? They chose that profession and the risks that go with it. The 14th amendment of the Constitution calls for equal protection for all under the law. All murder should be a capital crime. Anything less is manslaughter which is generally actions causing unintended loss of life.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago