If you missed President Obama's politically laced speech on Sunday in Newtown, Conn. he hinted extensively about new gun control measures coming down the pike either through legislation or executive order.
Now the Washington Post is reporting President Obama has officially asked his cabinet members for gun control proposals.
President Obama on Monday began the first serious push of his administration to attempt to reduce gun violence, directing Cabinet members to formulate a set of proposals that could include reinstating a ban on assault rifles.
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 24 minutes ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago