How are American newspapers and networks covering the Conclave? Poorly, if at all. Most of the stories are breathless horserace-style speculations about men they don't know. When American journalists venture into the issues facing the Roman Catholic Church they rightly mention the abuse scandals and then most stop, except for a few who go on about celibacy --which is not going to change no matter who emerges as the new pope. When you next spot an article talking about the slaughter of Christians in the world or the suppression of the Church in China, send me a link. The next pope...
Eddie, That's not what I said, and it wasn't based on wisdom. And your question borders on inane. Supposedly, there are over 1 billion Muslim in the world. That's about 16.6%. There about 17.2% Catholics in the world. Now how would you like it if every time some stupid Ayottoalh came into power, the US news media took up most of the news covering for weeks on end? Yeah, I thought so... Plus, the Pope is NOT the leader of any part of the world! He's only the spiritual leader of devout Catholics around the world. There's a big a difference. So, yes. I'm not a Catholic, so this story less than of little importance to me a over 80% of the world. For those that do consider it important, there are numerous ways of keeping up to date.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 14 hours ago