How are American newspapers and networks covering the Conclave? Poorly, if at all. Most of the stories are breathless horserace-style speculations about men they don't know. When American journalists venture into the issues facing the Roman Catholic Church they rightly mention the abuse scandals and then most stop, except for a few who go on about celibacy --which is not going to change no matter who emerges as the new pope. When you next spot an article talking about the slaughter of Christians in the world or the suppression of the Church in China, send me a link. The next pope...
Eddie, That's not what I said, and it wasn't based on wisdom. And your question borders on inane. Supposedly, there are over 1 billion Muslim in the world. That's about 16.6%. There about 17.2% Catholics in the world. Now how would you like it if every time some stupid Ayottoalh came into power, the US news media took up most of the news covering for weeks on end? Yeah, I thought so... Plus, the Pope is NOT the leader of any part of the world! He's only the spiritual leader of devout Catholics around the world. There's a big a difference. So, yes. I'm not a Catholic, so this story less than of little importance to me a over 80% of the world. For those that do consider it important, there are numerous ways of keeping up to date.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 14 hours ago