How are American newspapers and networks covering the Conclave? Poorly, if at all. Most of the stories are breathless horserace-style speculations about men they don't know. When American journalists venture into the issues facing the Roman Catholic Church they rightly mention the abuse scandals and then most stop, except for a few who go on about celibacy --which is not going to change no matter who emerges as the new pope. When you next spot an article talking about the slaughter of Christians in the world or the suppression of the Church in China, send me a link. The next pope...
Why should the media pay too much attention to this? I realize there are a lot of Catholics in the US, but they are in no way a majority. A lot of other Christian denomonations either don't care about Catholics, or outright despise their practice. So, with no disrespect to faithful Catholics, this doesn't deserve to be a front page story in America. In my opinion, it already takes up more time on the news than I care for. I could care less about what color smoke is coming out of little chimney at the Vatican, rather than how much smoke Obama, Pelosi and Reid are trying to blow up my backside today.
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 17 mins ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 3 hours ago