What these latter-day Malthusians miss is that even you moved all 7 billion people to the U.S. (give the pro-immigration another 27 years), that would only result in a population density of three people per acre. Even if you assume only 20% of the U.S. land mass is 'habitable', that's still only 15 people per acre. That's way below the population density in most U.S. metro areas. Once you throw the rest of the world's land mass in, 7 billion is a very sparse number. The earth can support those numbers. It's only the backward cultures and economic systems throughout the 'developing' world that limits sustainable growth. But these are the Clinton's we're talking about, so logic is not allowed. Just like with the weed he smoked, but never inhaled. Slick Willie may have taken math, but he never learned.
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 17 mins ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 56 mins ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago