What these latter-day Malthusians miss is that even you moved all 7 billion people to the U.S. (give the pro-immigration another 27 years), that would only result in a population density of three people per acre. Even if you assume only 20% of the U.S. land mass is 'habitable', that's still only 15 people per acre. That's way below the population density in most U.S. metro areas. Once you throw the rest of the world's land mass in, 7 billion is a very sparse number. The earth can support those numbers. It's only the backward cultures and economic systems throughout the 'developing' world that limits sustainable growth. But these are the Clinton's we're talking about, so logic is not allowed. Just like with the weed he smoked, but never inhaled. Slick Willie may have taken math, but he never learned.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago