What these latter-day Malthusians miss is that even you moved all 7 billion people to the U.S. (give the pro-immigration another 27 years), that would only result in a population density of three people per acre. Even if you assume only 20% of the U.S. land mass is 'habitable', that's still only 15 people per acre. That's way below the population density in most U.S. metro areas. Once you throw the rest of the world's land mass in, 7 billion is a very sparse number. The earth can support those numbers. It's only the backward cultures and economic systems throughout the 'developing' world that limits sustainable growth. But these are the Clinton's we're talking about, so logic is not allowed. Just like with the weed he smoked, but never inhaled. Slick Willie may have taken math, but he never learned.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Journalist on CNN: Hey, don’t we have a responsibility not to offend Kim Jong Un? Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Secret Service: We’re gonna need a bigger fence Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- The next Michael Brown Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Revealed: The e-mail that Jackie’s alleged rapist sent to her friends — after the attack Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- CBS poll showing health-care cost pressures increasing on Americans Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago