What these latter-day Malthusians miss is that even you moved all 7 billion people to the U.S. (give the pro-immigration another 27 years), that would only result in a population density of three people per acre. Even if you assume only 20% of the U.S. land mass is 'habitable', that's still only 15 people per acre. That's way below the population density in most U.S. metro areas. Once you throw the rest of the world's land mass in, 7 billion is a very sparse number. The earth can support those numbers. It's only the backward cultures and economic systems throughout the 'developing' world that limits sustainable growth. But these are the Clinton's we're talking about, so logic is not allowed. Just like with the weed he smoked, but never inhaled. Slick Willie may have taken math, but he never learned.
- Scott Walker: Practitioner of ‘racially polarized politics?’ Noah Rothman 41 mins ago
- Prepare to be shocked: One of the ‘Taliban Five’ is probably back on the battlefield Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Evil rich people can enjoy the simple life too Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Surprise: Red states getting deeper cuts in federal grants Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Who saw it coming: Jordan’s negotiations with ISIS over hostages collapse Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Could Sheldon Silver roll on Andrew Cuomo? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago