What these latter-day Malthusians miss is that even you moved all 7 billion people to the U.S. (give the pro-immigration another 27 years), that would only result in a population density of three people per acre. Even if you assume only 20% of the U.S. land mass is 'habitable', that's still only 15 people per acre. That's way below the population density in most U.S. metro areas. Once you throw the rest of the world's land mass in, 7 billion is a very sparse number. The earth can support those numbers. It's only the backward cultures and economic systems throughout the 'developing' world that limits sustainable growth. But these are the Clinton's we're talking about, so logic is not allowed. Just like with the weed he smoked, but never inhaled. Slick Willie may have taken math, but he never learned.
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 50 mins ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago