The percentage of Americans who think their income tax is fair has fallen to 55%, the lowest level since 2001 according to a recent Gallup Poll on Income Tax Fairness.
Gallup's history of asking this question stretches back to the 1940s. From 1943 through 1945, during World War II, few Americans complained about their taxes, with an average of 87% of Americans saying their taxes were fair. That dropped down to an average of 61% in 1946, the first year after the war.
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 48 mins ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 4 hours ago