Leading up to the 2012 election cycle, many analysts predicted Republicans would seize a Senate majority with relative ease. The math is heavily tilted in their favor: Of the 33 seats up for grabs, 23 are controlled by Democrats. The GOP needs to net four seats to guarantee control of Congress' upper chamber. If Mitt Romney wins the presidency, a net of three seats would hand Republicans an effective majority, as Vice President Ryan would act as the tie-breaker. But a few funny things happened on the way to 51 seats. Safe incumbent Olympia Snowe of Maine decided to...
If the GOP blows this election as badly as it might do, the GOP is dead, period. But that's the least of our problems, as the Republic will be disolved and chaos will ensue as Obama takes us to a Third World dictatorship.
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 21 hours ago