Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 3:58 PM
No, you really don't understand what is meant by sexuality. Of course it is not concrete. Nothing is concrete with all humans except death. These are generalizations and frankly your use of terms has me wondering, do you know what a straw man argument is? I am not offering you a distraction or alternative target for your focus. We are discussing your belief that sexuality is a choice. I'm not disproving anything. You are trying to prove something. In a similar vein, I don't have to provide a reason why women should not be capable of orgasm. My point is that unlike all other mammals, they are capable and that unique quality is proof that sex in human is for more than just procreation, by design. My preference is not because I haven't tried it but because being a heterosexual, I cannot become aroused by a man. That is sexuality. It is your claim that is should be able to choose to become aroused. I say that is not possible but if you explain how that is possible for you then I would consider the possibility. And that is what you have done everything except answer. As for your reasons for not engaging in homosexuality they don't add up. Are you saying that is you did, you would suddenly develop the urge to engage in domestic violence. Not everyone has and STD. if that could be confirmed would homosexual sex be ok? And there are other things than anal penetration. Would you be ok with some other act? Yes, sexuality means sexual preference. Perhaps you should look up the definition of preference.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 3:02 PM
I'm afraid you misunderstand what is meant by sexuality. A heterosexual man can be aroused at the sight of a woman due to his sexuality. Yes, I understand that you are not equating crime and homosexuality. That's why I never wrote that you were equating the two. I wrote that you were associating and relating based on the words you actually wrote and I kept my response to that relationship. Female orgasm is not necessary for pregnancy. No other mammal with the exception of some other primates have this capability. All mammalian reproductive tracts start out similar in fetal development. Personally, I can't conceive homosexual sex as being anything other than repulsive and I think it would be almost impossible to fine it pleasurable despite the physical stimulation. Furthermore, I cannot comprehend being sexual attracted to another man no matter what the situation. It is you who claim sexuality is a choice, and so I ask one again: How could you possibly choose to be a homosexual? And no, you have not answered that question. That being said, what is harmful or unhealthy about homosexuality? to be blunt, how is one hand any different from another since you are the one who finds the concept exciting. Are you beginning to see what is meant by sexuality? Finally, my comment to Mudonthetires is about admission/declaration, nothing more; with the point being that it is of little value.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 2:08 PM
Mud: I've spoken to many and have never had one that said anything like that; but I have had many tell me they always felt they were homosexual. But I'll tell you what, I'll grant your comment all the respect you grant mine.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 2:06 PM
Mr. Peteromiman: Yes, Paglia raises a very interesting point and I actually agree with the second paragraph, but she is entirely wrong about the first. Our bodies were designed for much more than reproduction. Otherwise, women would not be capable of achieving orgasm.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 2:01 PM
Anom: "homosexuality is absolutely a choice – without any biological basis, what else could it be?" Which brings us back to a full circle. How could you possibly choose to be a homosexual? "sexual pleasure can even be brought about by manual stimulation makes the answer to that pretty obvious, Mike" Yes, that is true, but that is not sexuality unless the sight of your hand or pictures of your hand arouse you. "in the same manner that everyone is born innocent, but become a criminal when they engage in crime." That is the only way I've said you associate homosexuality with crime. And my response in a nut shell is: if it wasn't a sin, would you engage in it. As for meth or any other drug, they reason is they do it for the pleasure. The drugs produce a relatively consistent form of pleasure no matter the user. I think sexuality is different, but as always I will defer to you. Do you think you would find homosexual sex pleasurable? Yes, more and more words with a few insults in between; but no answers to direct questions.

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 1:05 PM
Homosexual activists are not trying to change the consent laws. That is a different group that contains some homosexuals. The membership is mostly men. By your reasoning men are pedophiles. There are also heterosexual convicted pedophiles. Why don't' you tell them. I am neither progressing nor have I claimed homosexuality is inborn. If anything I am trying to question the issue in an intelligent way.

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 12:04 PM
Mud: Ah, the old “I know you are but what am I” retort. Ok, here we go. Pedophiles may say anything they want, but that cannot change the fact that you cannot have consent from a child. Your argument is the same as saying heterosexuality leads to heterosexual statutory rape. Homosexuality is not related to pedophilia. And to further compound what must be ignorance, no one can prove a negative. It is those who make the active claim who carry the burden of proof.

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 11:40 AM
Foxfire and DSMike: You both demonstrate why the issue is so important to the movement. Comments like yours are born of either bigotry or ignorance; and either way, patently false. That such aspects are even be raised shows the necessity for activism on their part. How can adults seriously entertain such beliefs as yours? Do you really need it explained to you again?

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 11:17 AM
Richard: Semantic often become an issue unto themselves. That is why I try to not let it weight down an argument. But it is still part of human nature and you do it too with the term “murder”. Consider your reasons for that word choice and you may find you think the same way as your opposition.

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 11:11 AM
Neal: ” flouting and pushing their immoral choices” I hear this phrase often but I’m never sure what is mean by it. Certainly no one is trying to make you be a homosexual; so the “pushing” must mean something else. As for “flouting”, I’m sure you don’t mean having sex in public. So what does that mean? I think that behind such phrases comes the real equality issue.

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 9:52 AM
dtaylor: This is such a tired old cliché that I wonder anyone still uses it. No, of course not. Do you really need the difference explained to you?