No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 12:04 PM
Mud: Ah, the old “I know you are but what am I” retort. Ok, here we go. Pedophiles may say anything they want, but that cannot change the fact that you cannot have consent from a child. Your argument is the same as saying heterosexuality leads to heterosexual statutory rape. Homosexuality is not related to pedophilia. And to further compound what must be ignorance, no one can prove a negative. It is those who make the active claim who carry the burden of proof.

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 11:40 AM
Foxfire and DSMike: You both demonstrate why the issue is so important to the movement. Comments like yours are born of either bigotry or ignorance; and either way, patently false. That such aspects are even be raised shows the necessity for activism on their part. How can adults seriously entertain such beliefs as yours? Do you really need it explained to you again?

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 11:17 AM
Richard: Semantic often become an issue unto themselves. That is why I try to not let it weight down an argument. But it is still part of human nature and you do it too with the term “murder”. Consider your reasons for that word choice and you may find you think the same way as your opposition.

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 11:11 AM
Neal: ” flouting and pushing their immoral choices” I hear this phrase often but I’m never sure what is mean by it. Certainly no one is trying to make you be a homosexual; so the “pushing” must mean something else. As for “flouting”, I’m sure you don’t mean having sex in public. So what does that mean? I think that behind such phrases comes the real equality issue.

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 9:52 AM
dtaylor: This is such a tired old cliché that I wonder anyone still uses it. No, of course not. Do you really need the difference explained to you?

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 9:48 AM
Now that is a great opening line: “If there was reputable scientific evidence that some people were born homosexual, I would have no problem accepting this” Just considering a fraction of the history of science should make one want to die laughing or shake their head in pity. But Michael Brown does have a greater point which deserves consideration. Yet, all commentary is meant to advance a certain point, and there he is ultimately wrong. One of the major gay activist talking points, one that has even infiltrated parts of the church, lacks definitive evidence, but that doesn’t make it a lie.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 9:23 AM
tuffone3: Then I ask you the same question. How could you possible choose? How could you possibly make yourself become aroused by someone of the same sex?

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 9:20 AM
anom: It’s odd that you suggest I may be illiterate yet fail to read what I wrote. Yes, everyone is tempted to do wrong in varying degrees, but not to crime. For example, I have never been tempted to commit murder or have even considered such a thing. No, you are walking in circles. I am not repeating myself. I am trying to get you to demonstrate the viability of people choosing to be homosexual. And yet, you have avoided doing so. But let me help you some more. If you could be certain that no one would ever find out, would you cheat on your wife? If there was no law against it, would you steal? Is the only reason you follow God’s Law is because you don’t want to go to hades? If the answer to any of those questions is ‘no’, then it is not a matter of choice, but who you are inside. Thus, your argument relating criminal behavior and homosexuality shows that they are being who they are inside and subsequently do not recruit. Now of course, young people can be tempted or led to a life of crime. It is a well-known fact that gangs recruit from the young people in the neighborhood. But on closer examination, we find the gangs offering only what was desired in the first place: respect, protection, a sense of belonging and a paternal guidance. And as you know, violence comes easy to children. One may argue that a homosexual “recruiter” would be doing the same, but that would mean that all homosexuals came from abusive, neglected environments. So once again, we see the holes in your argument. And it all comes back to the same thing: Yes, of course we distinguish a homosexual from a heterosexual only by their own declaration. But that has nothing to do with individual sexuality. And that is the point. You cannot chose to be a homosexual.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 08, 2014 4:06 PM
Sorry, should read 'control your sexuality'

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 08, 2014 4:05 PM
Eddie: It is probably due to the fact that they don’t see themselves as perverted or sinful. As for shameful desires, it has been my experience that many heterosexuals flaunt theirs also. So perhaps it is a type of extrovertism that is part of human nature. Otherwise, yes, you are very unique if you can your sexuality in such a way. In fact, it would make a very interesting study to examine how you can go from homosexual to heterosexual to being aroused by any random object that is presented to you.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 08, 2014 4:04 PM
Anom: Yes I am being serious, but I suspect that you will do anything other than that face the reality of your argument. But, allowing for the benefit of doubt, let me help you. For some people, the urge to do crime is a temptation. The reasons they don't succumb are things like worried about guilt, fear of punishment from the law or God, greater desire to conform to idealistic view, etc. Then there are people who have never been tempted to commit a crime. Now you are the one who associated homosexuality to becoming a criminal through choice. I say it is not possible. Yet I will entertain your experiences.