The Future Is So Screwed

MikefromDE Wrote: Oct 18, 2014 1:06 PM
Toomuchsense: Arnold wrote “We don't think anymore”. I disagree and wrote “I believe we are no less thoughtful than we have ever been” and then went on to explain why. My comment pertains directly to what Arnold wrote.

The Future Is So Screwed

MikefromDE Wrote: Oct 17, 2014 6:17 PM
Right: Yes, and I have to agree with you with your analysis. You put it very well.

The Future Is So Screwed

MikefromDE Wrote: Oct 17, 2014 11:39 AM
Arnold: But chocolate bars do make me happy. Otherwise, while much of what you say is an accurate description of society, I believe we are no less thoughtful than we have ever been. The people as a whole have always been busy just living their lives. Certainly, modern conveniences have made life easier and thus given us a greater opportunity for contemplation; but just because we don’t always fully capitalize on that opportunity, doesn’t mean that we don’t think any more.

The Future Is So Screwed

MikefromDE Wrote: Oct 17, 2014 9:46 AM
Jane: You are free to dislike that he changed his name as anyone is free to have their own opinions. But you are not free to have your own facts. Jon Stewart constantly makes Jewish references and brings up incidents from his Jewish childhood. That is the opposite of faking that he is Anglo-American. Just be honest with yourself. You don’t like his liberal bias and/or the way he humiliates FOX News with their own words. He is a liberal, New York smarty pants. Ironically, one of his recent shows was dedicated to pointing out hypocrisy in Obama and absolutely smashing the DNC and their fund raising aspects. But that doesn’t matter to people like you.

The Future Is So Screwed

MikefromDE Wrote: Oct 17, 2014 9:35 AM
King: love the name. It is both grandiose and purposeful. You are clearly a man with a cause out on the front lines of the internet. And what style to boot: personal insults. Yes, you are certainly exposing leftism and showing how much smarter the right is. As for me, I would have liked to see some kind of counter argument to the point I made, but you know what smart means to people like you……….

The Future Is So Screwed

MikefromDE Wrote: Oct 17, 2014 9:26 AM
Mag: That is true in many ways.

The Future Is So Screwed

MikefromDE Wrote: Oct 17, 2014 9:25 AM
Cpt: that is an odd conclusion, considering nothing I wrote even remotely implies that; but then, it is a common tactic to insult the person when you aren’t able to counter their argument. Don’t worry though. The regulars at TH think that’s bad only when a liberal does that to one of them. When a conservative like you does it, it’s a virtue. See, it’s very important that all the sheep baa together.

The Future Is So Screwed

MikefromDE Wrote: Oct 17, 2014 9:19 AM
Heretic: I would say yes, but considering your response to me, you must be ok with it.

The Future Is So Screwed

MikefromDE Wrote: Oct 16, 2014 3:03 PM
This is an odd column. TH constantly posts articles and comments about how the media and Hollywood have so much influence or how our kids are being affected by outside influences. And common wisdom decrees them a bad. Now, Hunter is telling us he doesn’t understand how these kids made the list or why they are considered influential. What on earth did he expect? Certainly many of these young people don’t matter in the “great scheme of things” but if an article of clothing you wear becomes so popular just because you wore it, then you have a great amount of influence. It’s silly to deride the choices on a list of something you dislike as a policy.

The Future Is So Screwed

MikefromDE Wrote: Oct 16, 2014 12:55 PM
Biefus: You should have asked. You may have been surprised. I can’t make a reasonable guess but demographics show that sales are higher in red states and much higher for women than men.