Whose Side Is God on Now?

MikefromDE Wrote: Apr 04, 2014 3:48 PM
Freedomist and Federal: No, you are both quite wrong. Since the old liberal tactic of playing the victim is now integral to conservatives, all manner of religious repression is imagined in this country. And while it is true that in some cases, religion is treated poorly, overall we have considerable religious freedom in this country. I know I can count on a weekly visitation from one church or another who feel free to knock on my door to invite me to their church or tell me I’m going to hell. In Russia, the Orthodox Church is doing fine, but no other religion is free from some repression.

Whose Side Is God on Now?

MikefromDE Wrote: Apr 04, 2014 3:47 PM
Yes, I’m sorry it’s not a perfect world, but the system still works. However, for adults who failed to grasp the reality of government, there is always the fantasy of “The Good Old Days”. Otherwise, would you rather be here or in Russia?

Whose Side Is God on Now?

MikefromDE Wrote: Apr 04, 2014 12:39 PM
Ronald: Odd comment. It implies that you prefer their system over ours. But in reality, America is no single dimension of any kind. Do you embrace those things you listed? I don’t. Aren’t we too part of America? Is there any place in this country that is devoid of churches or religion? America is more than just the sum total of her population. She is the culmination of all things and that is what makes us great as well as unique.

Whose Side Is God on Now?

MikefromDE Wrote: Apr 04, 2014 12:32 PM
Federal: Do you actually trust him? He is using religion. But perhaps you should read your history. Stalin allowed a church revival and called it a patriotic organization during the dark days of WWII. Doing whatever is necessary to increase or maintain power, including encouraging religion, is as old style as it gets.

Whose Side Is God on Now?

MikefromDE Wrote: Apr 04, 2014 12:00 PM
rvan: That’s a rather small minded, petty deity you worship. Does he really say “worship me or I’ll let innocent children die”?

Whose Side Is God on Now?

MikefromDE Wrote: Apr 04, 2014 11:54 AM
Putin is perhaps the last of the old school Soviets and his dreams and goals are those of the Soviet Union. Pat Buchanan shows his true colors and now so are many of you.

What’s a Little Vote Fraud?

MikefromDE Wrote: Apr 01, 2014 10:33 AM
Auspex: What state was that?
Elvis: The only way my argument could be flawed is if health insurance is a gift instead of a mandated part of one’s compensation. Religious objection to birth control here is no different to a religion based pacifist saying no to buying guns or a religious vegetarian saying no to meat.
Actually your gun and ammo purchases are underwritten by your job if those purchases are made with your wages. This is one of the major flaws in the argument. No one is asking you or anyone else to subsidize or pay for anything. By law, this health insurance is now a part of the employee compensation for their labor. In short, they earned it and can spend it as they please.
clidke: I think your right about the direct involvement. They can turn a blind eye to any sinful activity purchased by the wages they paid while the health care makes that more difficult. Yet I wonder, since no one is forced to use these services and they have no way of knowing if any employee has, it seems they have just as much plausible deniability that they have always had.