Prayers and Preparation

MikefromDE Wrote: 18 hours ago (1:14 PM)
"Oddly, no one opted for a secular affirmation" What's so odd about it? Were any of them avowed atheists?

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 10, 2014 3:20 PM
Oh my goodness! Let’s take a moment to examine what you just wrote: “but we have many examples of prominent homosexuals ADMITTING THAT THEIR LIFESTYLE WAS A CHOICE!” “You are basing your argument on your opinion and statements from homosexuals” So basically you and I are both basing arguments on statements from homosexual; but when you do it you are right and when I do it I am wrong. And then you add that I am including my opinion yet somehow thing you have not or that it’s not worth mentioning. I get the suspicion that you are not even aware of how you contradicted yourself; but in essence the same thing is good only when you use it but bad if it doesn’t agree with what you want to believe. And, I really must point out that once again you failed to answer my questions. You know, the one have claimed to have “answered time and again”. I asked you to simply point it out and show me the quote; but you didn’t. Now you have called my comments stupid amongst other thing and are employing capitalization as though that adds validity to you comment. So why don’t we try something. Take a deep breath and try to focus on the words that are actually written in this thread. You will not find any place where I have claimed that sexual preference is ingrained from birth. What I have done from the very start is say “You cannot chose to be a homosexual” and one cannot “become” a homosexual” that is me disagreeing with your statement “Homosexuality is a chosen behavior” Ok, here’s the tricky part so try to stay focused. You are saying something can happen and I am saying it can’t. Can is positive; can’t is negative. You did the same when you said that female (non-primate) mammals can have orgasms and I said they can’t and you wanted proof. So you obviously aren’t going to own up your own comments and are in fact just the same as those from the “opposition” that you decry.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 10, 2014 12:49 PM
Actually, you have not answered my question once. You have not offered proof that you can choose your sexuality. And yes, I am familiar with Occam's Razor and it sides with me. Being bisexual is the simple answer. Somehow being magically able to change his sexuality is complex and unproven. Whereas bisexuality exists, and you are free to ignore that yourself. But to be fair, my proof is no greater than yours in that case. We are both making a supposition. Now, I am not arguing a biological basis. I am asking for proof that you, do you understand, you are capable of changing your sexuality and become attracted to another man. If as you have claimed answered the question "time and again" then simply point it out. Show me the quote. Otherwise, I cannot prove a negative. I cannot prove that something doesn't happen. I find it unbelievable that you think such a thing is possible and then call my position untenable because of it. Seriously, what if I swam across the Atlantic Ocean unassisted? Would you agree with me because you can't prove me wrong? You claim you are wasting your time, and you just might be. But only in the sense that your belief system is built on falsehoods.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 10, 2014 8:57 AM
Anom: Again, again , again, you dodge. I am not trying to set up strawmen weak argument to "knock over". I am not asking pointless questions which have nothing to do with consequential states resulting from chosen behavior. You say that it is possible to choose to be a homosexual and I say it isn’t. As such, I keep asking you how. I am asking how it is possible for you to choose to become aroused by someone of the same sex. Unless your argument is that it’s possible for some people but not you then you must have this capability. No, all you have done is to dodge that same question over and over again. The same behavior is shown in your comment about the capabilities of female mammals. My information is based on a lifelong career in mammalian anatomy and physiology. I say it doesn’t happen and then you tell me I am lying or ignorant of the facts. You sir are the one making a claim. And just like your other claim, you don’t support it. Show me the facts. Now when I said that sexuality is not concrete, that meant that some people are heterosexual, some are homosexual and some are bisexual to a varying degree; not that people change. That is your position which I refute. A man who leaves a wife of many years and moves in with a man is bisexual. Now to return to the main point, I have never tried to be attracted to another man just as I have never tried to be attracted to a woman. It just happens. I that is the position I have consistently maintained. You claim: “part of it is [your choice] is a personal preference, which is built on a series of choices (including to not engage in homosexual acts).” Therefore, you must have the ability to choose differently; and my question is and has always been, how is that possible. Otherwise, you go on to equivocate by saying my “question cannot be entirely answered because, if there were no negative consequences, (physical, mental or spiritual) then the act would probably be a sport, or just something else to do to pass the time” Even if it were just a sport or something to pass the time has no bearing on your ability to choose to become a homosexual. The ability to choose is the only argument that has been debated. You say it is possible and I say it isn’t. I say prove it and you say everything else but offer proof.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 3:58 PM
No, you really don't understand what is meant by sexuality. Of course it is not concrete. Nothing is concrete with all humans except death. These are generalizations and frankly your use of terms has me wondering, do you know what a straw man argument is? I am not offering you a distraction or alternative target for your focus. We are discussing your belief that sexuality is a choice. I'm not disproving anything. You are trying to prove something. In a similar vein, I don't have to provide a reason why women should not be capable of orgasm. My point is that unlike all other mammals, they are capable and that unique quality is proof that sex in human is for more than just procreation, by design. My preference is not because I haven't tried it but because being a heterosexual, I cannot become aroused by a man. That is sexuality. It is your claim that is should be able to choose to become aroused. I say that is not possible but if you explain how that is possible for you then I would consider the possibility. And that is what you have done everything except answer. As for your reasons for not engaging in homosexuality they don't add up. Are you saying that is you did, you would suddenly develop the urge to engage in domestic violence. Not everyone has and STD. if that could be confirmed would homosexual sex be ok? And there are other things than anal penetration. Would you be ok with some other act? Yes, sexuality means sexual preference. Perhaps you should look up the definition of preference.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 3:02 PM
I'm afraid you misunderstand what is meant by sexuality. A heterosexual man can be aroused at the sight of a woman due to his sexuality. Yes, I understand that you are not equating crime and homosexuality. That's why I never wrote that you were equating the two. I wrote that you were associating and relating based on the words you actually wrote and I kept my response to that relationship. Female orgasm is not necessary for pregnancy. No other mammal with the exception of some other primates have this capability. All mammalian reproductive tracts start out similar in fetal development. Personally, I can't conceive homosexual sex as being anything other than repulsive and I think it would be almost impossible to fine it pleasurable despite the physical stimulation. Furthermore, I cannot comprehend being sexual attracted to another man no matter what the situation. It is you who claim sexuality is a choice, and so I ask one again: How could you possibly choose to be a homosexual? And no, you have not answered that question. That being said, what is harmful or unhealthy about homosexuality? to be blunt, how is one hand any different from another since you are the one who finds the concept exciting. Are you beginning to see what is meant by sexuality? Finally, my comment to Mudonthetires is about admission/declaration, nothing more; with the point being that it is of little value.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 2:08 PM
Mud: I've spoken to many and have never had one that said anything like that; but I have had many tell me they always felt they were homosexual. But I'll tell you what, I'll grant your comment all the respect you grant mine.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 2:06 PM
Mr. Peteromiman: Yes, Paglia raises a very interesting point and I actually agree with the second paragraph, but she is entirely wrong about the first. Our bodies were designed for much more than reproduction. Otherwise, women would not be capable of achieving orgasm.

Matt Shepard Goes To Tehran

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 2:01 PM
Anom: "homosexuality is absolutely a choice – without any biological basis, what else could it be?" Which brings us back to a full circle. How could you possibly choose to be a homosexual? "sexual pleasure can even be brought about by manual stimulation makes the answer to that pretty obvious, Mike" Yes, that is true, but that is not sexuality unless the sight of your hand or pictures of your hand arouse you. "in the same manner that everyone is born innocent, but become a criminal when they engage in crime." That is the only way I've said you associate homosexuality with crime. And my response in a nut shell is: if it wasn't a sin, would you engage in it. As for meth or any other drug, they reason is they do it for the pleasure. The drugs produce a relatively consistent form of pleasure no matter the user. I think sexuality is different, but as always I will defer to you. Do you think you would find homosexual sex pleasurable? Yes, more and more words with a few insults in between; but no answers to direct questions.

No One is Born Gay

MikefromDE Wrote: Sep 09, 2014 1:05 PM
Homosexual activists are not trying to change the consent laws. That is a different group that contains some homosexuals. The membership is mostly men. By your reasoning men are pedophiles. There are also heterosexual convicted pedophiles. Why don't' you tell them. I am neither progressing nor have I claimed homosexuality is inborn. If anything I am trying to question the issue in an intelligent way.