The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled “Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo”, to far too little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As elsewhere reported, some of this purchase order is for rounds forbidden by international law for use in war plus a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending fewer than 6 million rounds a month. 1.6 billion rounds, therefore, would be enough...
In response to:
Alex: Be serious. These people you saw on TV: just how many of them do you think there are? And do you think these people could possibly be formed into an army, let alone an effective one? As for the tweets, sure many were made and they were apparently of the same caliber of the death threats against Obama whose security detail saw a 400% increase from his predecessor. Like I said, when you consider the situation rationally, you see how empty the whole idea is.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago