It was a scene that immediately put every American into one of two groups: those heartened by the throngs of illegal immigrants thirsting to stay in this country, and those appalled. It also framed a choice for...
jw, Is there a number of immigrants beyond which you might feel a problem would exist for the United States as a viable political entity? Is it an annual number? Is it a total number, or do you feel we have room for all of the billions of the worlds population who would like to partake in your largesse? If we eventually reach your number, would you agree to tightening borders at that time? If we have room for everyone, why wait. Let's go get them and bring them here.It only seems "fair."
When you hear of people in Chicago sleeping on the sidewalk to be first in line in the morning, you may figure they are hoping to snag tickets for Lady Gaga or a Cubs World Series. But those were not the explanation Wednesday when thousands lined up at Navy Pier. They didn't want to get something. They wanted to avoid getting something: a deportation order.
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago